Monday, December 23, 2013

Top 10 Books I've Read in 2013


Today is the first of 5 days of looking back on the books that we read this year. This is where we share bookish lists for the next 5 days! This is the perfect way to close out 2013 and this reading year. These are the top 10 books that I have read in 2013! Here we go!

To pick these 10, I made a list of all the books I read this year with a rating of 4 stars and above. I had over twenty. All of the books left I gave a 5 star rating, except 1. Here are my final 10! (These are in no particular order).


A fluffy romance set in my favourite city? You can count me in. Dash and Lily were wonderful characters to read about and kept me flipping the pages to see how their love story was going to continue.


I've always enjoyed a good dark contemporary novel and that is exactly what this book was. It kept me flipping the pages and the ending totally surprised me. I love it when books shock me in the end, because normally I'm pretty good at figuring out the end.


I guess you could say that I had a David Levithan kind of year, because you will see him come up three separate times on this list. This was the first and only book that I have read by him alone and let me tell you, it won't be the last. His writing style is unique to him and not like many other authors in the Young Adult market.


See? I told you. I first picked this book up because John Green is my all-time favourite author. This book is a lot different from his other works, in my opinion. It's a lot lighter read and I liked seeing something different from him. Not to mention that this book has some of the best supporting characters, like, ever.


















I'm cheating a little bit with this one, but I mean... technically it's all the same! I was late hopping on the bandwagon with this one and now I'm knocking my head against the wall because of it. Why did I wait so long to read these books? I am anxiously awaiting to read the rest of the series (I'm really hoping I get the third one for Christmas!).


This book... wow. It gave me all the feels. It is the definition of emotional roller coaster. It's funny, beautiful, heartbreaking, happy, everything you could ever want in a contemporary. I fell in love with the characters, and that ending! Ugh. Not spoiling anything, but, GAH!


Again, late on the bandwagon with this one but it was just as good as everybody said it was! I have wanted to read it since it came out and didn't get my hands on it until recently. As awful as the situation is, it was so interesting to read about. Team Linden!


2013 was my year of catching up on books that I have been meaning to read, and this novel was no exception. This book was heartbreaking and I couldn't help but just sit down and plow through the entire book in one sitting. I need to pick up the second book because I need to know what happens to these characters!


I was hesitant going into this series because I am not a fan of witch-type books. When my friend picked up the series and loved it, I knew that it was a sign that I needed to see what the hype of this book was about. O M G. That is all I am going to say about that.


Finishing off my top 10 with the book that I just finished. Wow. One of the best contemporaries that I have read, ever, and that's saying something because I have read a lot of them. I fell in love with the characters and their stories were beyond interesting.

There it is! My top 10 of 2013! If you made a post of your top 10, please leave it in the comments below and I will be sure to check it out.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, fluffy romance! If any of the reviews had started with those two words, I'd probably have already read "Dash & Lily's the title is too long I can't remember damn".

    I only read three of the titles you picked, but I seriously adored Pushing the Limits! (Not toooooo sure about the TMI series because of the recent bullying wank that I read about, but I do remember enjoying these, too, when I read them back in the day.. when I was still young.. and.. beautifuuuhuul.. /dramatic outro)

    Okay, I better stop. XD Hope to see you tomorrow again, but if not: Happy Holidays!

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete