Monday, December 23, 2013

Review: Endless by Amanda Gray

Released: September 10, 2013
Publisher: Month9Books
Series: ?
Star Rating: 4 out of 5
Source: Netgalley
Edition: eBook
Page Amount: 384
Age Group: Young Adult
Jenny Kramer knows she isn't normal. After all, not everybody can see the past lives of people around them.
When she befriends Ben Daulton, resident new boy, the pair stumble on an old music box with instructions for “mesmerization” and discover they may have more in common than they thought. Like a past life.
Using the instructions in the music box, Ben and Jenny share a dream that transports them to Romanov Russia and leads them to believe they have been there together before. But they weren't alone. Nikolai, the mysterious young man Jenny has been seeing in her own dreams was there, too. When Nikolai appears next door, Jenny is forced to acknowledge that he has travelled through time and space to find her. Doing so means he has defied the laws of time, and the Order, an ominous organization tasked with keeping people in the correct time, is determined to send him back. 
While Ben, Jenny and Nikolai race against the clock - and the Order - Jenny and Nikolai discover a link that joins them in life - and beyond death.
I am going to begin this review by saying that I really hope there is a second book in this series coming in the near future, because it ended in a definite cliffhanger. I would love to continue Jenny, Nikolai, Ben and Tiffany's unique journey.

I really enjoyed this book, if you couldn't tell by my above statement. I am not going to lie, the first thing that enticed me to read this novel was the beautiful cover. I know you are not supposed to judge a book by it's cover, but in this case it is a good thing and the insides of the book lived up to my expectations based on the cover image.

I fell in love with Nikolai the minute he was introduced. Jenny did get on my nerves in select parts of the book because I felt like she relied on Nikolai too much but I definitely liked them as a couple. Time travel is a subject that not a lot of young adult novels hit and I enjoy reading these types of novels from time to time.

The plot was well developed and there weren't holes in the story, which is hard to come by with such a unique and complicated storyline. I never felt like there was something key missing (other than when the story was supposed to have something missing). It felt truly mysterious in a not annoying kind of way.

I definitely say you should pick up Endless. I really enjoyed reading it and when I really started getting into the story line, it took me no time at all to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment