Thursday, January 12, 2012

Review: Twilight The Graphic Novel by Stephanie Meyer and Young Kim

Released: March 16, 2010
Published by: Yen Press
Series: Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Book One
Star Rating: 5 out of 5
Source: Borrowed ?
Page Amount: 224
Age Group: Young Adult

Summary

When Isabella Swan moves to the gloomy town of Forks and meets the mysterious, alluring Edward Cullen, her life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. With his porcelain skin, golden eyes, mesmerizing voice, and supernatural gifts, Edward is both irresistible and impenetrable. Up until now, he has managed to keep his true identity hidden, but Bella is determined to uncover his dark secret...
Review

Yes. I am a Twilight fan. Why does that surprise you? Well, it might not. But trust me, I’m not a screaming, annoying Twi-hard. I liked it before it was all hyped up. I’m not the hugest fan of it any more, but I still wanted to read the graphic novels. And god I was not disappointed.

I read this in… half an hour? While I was on my cruise back in December they had a bunch of books, so I chose to read this one because I knew I would be able to finish the book before the week was done. I probably would have waited until this came out in paperback to read this, because I don’t think it would have been worth it to pay 20 bucks on a book that would take me half an hour to read.

First off: the art was my favourite thing through this whole novel. Oh. My. God. It is one of the most GORGEOUS things I have ever seen in my entire life. I mean, look at Edward. *swoon*. I liked that the character’s didn’t look exactly like their actors in the movies, because I probably wouldn’t have liked it as much.

The story is the exact same as the regular Twilight books, just shortened. I wish it would have been longer, like I wish they would have just made the first book the whole Twilight novel, rather than breaking it up into parts.

Overall, this was a very great read and I can’t wait to pick up the second one!

Cover Comments

Like the art all throughout the novel, the cover is gorgeous. I like that they didn’t base Bella’s looks off of Kristen Stewart, but how Stephanie Meyer envisioned her with her imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment