Monday, January 9, 2012

Review: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Released: August 1, 2009
Published by: Scholastic
Series: Wolves of Mercy Falls, Book One
Star Rating: 3 out of 5
Source: Bought
Page Amount: 309
Age Group: Young Adult

Summary

Grace and Sam share a kinship so close they could be lovers or siblings. But they also share a problem. When the temperature slips towards freezing, Sam reverts to his wolf identity and must retreat into the woods to protect his pack. He worries that eventually his human side will fade away and he will be left howling alone at the lonely moon. A stirring supernatural teen romance.

Review

I read this book back in October… yes, October. I’m having a bit of a hard time trying to remember what I thought about this one but I’ll try as hard as I can.

I remember that I had a really hard time getting into this novel. I’m not a huge fan of paranormal romance, but I heard this novel was brilliant and a very good read so I decided to give it a try. I wasn’t totally blown away by it, but I remember I enjoyed it.

I really liked Grace and Sam’s relationship. I felt like they were two people that really complimented each other very well.

I feel like I’m the only one that wasn’t really blown away with Maggie’s writing. Sure, it was really good but I think I’ve read better. I really liked the simplicity of it.

I’m going to leave it at that, but I did enjoy this novel a lot.

Cover Comments

I think this cover is absolutely gorgeous. I think the simplicity of it is wonderful, and I think the series matches very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment