Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Peanut Butter Rhino by Vincent Andriani

Released: 1994
Published by: Scholastic
Series: Stand Alone
Star Rating: 5 out of 5
Source: Kindergarten Classroom
Page Amount: 16
Age Group: Children’s

Review

This is the perks of having a couple kindergarten buddies, I get to find cute picture books! I won’t write a review for every single one that we read, but I think I am going to start writing reviews for the good ones and the awful ones.

Since both Goodreads and Amazon fail to have a official summary about this adorable picture book… I do not have one, but I will do a quick run through of what its about.

This picture book is about this Rhino, whose name is… well… Rhino. He is heading out to lunch with his friend, um, well, I forget what kind of animal he was. But he looses his peanut butter sandwich on the way! He goes on a search to find his sandwich, and I’ll leave it at that.

My friend, Lauren is obsessed with rhinos and her and I share a buddy some Fridays. She saw this book and demanded that I read it to our buddy, erm, I mean, she demanded I read it to both them. Oh, and did I say that the rhino is purple and her favourite colour is purple.

This book was ADORABLE! Its very short, its only around 16 pages so it’s a very quick story, perfect for bedtime. I think this book could have used a little more, but that’s coming from the girl who reads 500 page books like their nothing.

Overall, this book was adorable and I would definitely read it again.

Cover Comments

I think this cover is pretty typical for a children’s books cover, but I love the purple rhino on it! Its super cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment