Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Review: Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

Released: January 5th, 2010
Published by: Simon & Schuster
Series: Hush Hush, Book 2
Star Rating: 3 out of 5
Source: Borrowed
Page Amount: 412
School Rating: C (63%)
Age Group: Young Adult Fiction

Summary

Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it: a mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But, despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever and even worse, he's started spending time with Nora's arch-enemy, Marcie Millar.

Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Patch hadnt been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feeling that he's hiding something.

Haunted by images of her murdered father, and questioning whether her nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death, Nora puts herself increasingly in dangerous situations as she desperately searches for answers. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts.


Review

Going into this book I had high expectations because I loved HUSH HUSH. I borrowed this novel from a friend, and she loved it. I can’t say I enjoyed it all that much…

I have read reviews where people have said that they found Nora very annoying in the first book… which I thought she wasn’t too bad, but here comes CRESCENDO, and whiny, annoying Nora comes to haunt us. Eh, no… just… no…

I felt as though the plot was underdone. I felt that there was so much potential for this book, but it let me down. All this book was about was Nora whining over Patch. No thank you.

I am going to keep this review short because I feel as though I have nothing else to say about this novel. I just need to move on…

Cover Comments

I think this cover is gorgeous, and it looks so beautiful beside HUSH, HUSH on my bookshelf.

Love,

Sierra

1 comment: