Thursday, July 28, 2011

Review: Anatomy of a Boyfriend by Daria Snadowsky

Released: January 9th, 2007
Published by: Delacort Books for Young Readers
Series: Stand Alone Novel
Overall Rating: 3 out of 5
Source: Kindle
Page Amount: 272
School Rating: B (76%)
Age Group: Young Adult Fiction

Before this all happened, the closest I'd ever come to getting physical with a guy was playing the board game Operation. Okay, so maybe that sounds pathetic, but it's not like there were any guys at my high school who I cared to share more than three words with, let alone my body.

Then I met Wes, a track star senior from across town. Maybe it was his soulful blue eyes, or maybe my hormones just started raging. Either way, I was hooked. And after a while, he was too. I couldn't believe how intense my feelings became, or the fact that I was seeing—and touching—parts of the body I'd only read about in my Gray's Anatomy textbook. You could say Wes and I experienced a lot of firsts together that spring. It was scary. It was fun. It was love.

And then came the fall.


First Line:

My best friend, Amy, wants to wait until college to ‘do it‘, but until then she’ll do ‘everything but’ with boys she thinks are cute and have good bodies.


Review:

I was talking on twitter with a long time Internet friend of mine, Felicia (follow her on twitter @Felicia970) and she asked if I would like to loan one of her Kindle books. I said yes, loving the opportunity at a new good read. She gave me a list of three books that she could loan, and I chose ANATOMY OF A BOYFRIEND. I started reading it as soon as it was sent to my Kindle, and it only took me about a day and a half to read this book.

Although I didn’t like ANATOMY OF A BOYRFRIEND as much as I thought I would, I still really enjoyed it. Its one of those books that it’s a quick read whether you are enjoying the book or not.

This is a warning right here. This book was a lot more graphic than I expected. Felicia warned me it was going to be weird, but some of the scenes in the book where a little much.

Dominique was a very interesting character. There were times in the book where you loved her to death, and then other times where you just want to slap her. Wes was the same way, but I came to a decision where I decided that I never LOVED him during the course of this novel. I kind of knew how it was going to end, but there were times in the novel where I really doubted what I though. As it turns out, I predicted the whole ending by halfway through the book.

I loved that the book was set in Florida. I love Florida with all my heart! The setting just made me connect to the book more, which made me happy. I love when I can connect to the book!

Overall, I enjoyed reading this novel, but it wasn’t my favourite.

Cover Comments:

I really hate the cover, to be brutally honest. I just find it disturbing and just… I don’t even know how to explain it. Sometimes when I look at it, I just have to look away.

Parental Corner:

This novel includes excessive sexual content and mild cussing.

Love,

Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment