Saturday, January 22, 2011

Review: Winter's Passage by Julie Kagawa

*Warning: This is a short story in between the first and second book. This review may spoil the first book in the series, so do not read this review unless you have read The Iron King by Julie Kagawa.*

Released: May 20th, 2010
Published by: Harlequin Teen
Series: The Iron Fey, 1.5
Overall Rating: 3 out of 5
Source: Kindle Store
Page Amount: 59
Age Group Recommend: Young Adult


Meghan Chase used to be an ordinary girl...until she discovered that she is really a faery princess. After escaping from the clutches of the deadly Iron fey, Meghan must follow through on her promise to return to the equally dangerous Winter Court with her forbidden love, Prince Ash. But first, Meghan has one request: that they visit Puck--Meghan's best friend and servant of her father, King Oberon--who was gravely injured defending Meghan from the Iron Fey.

Yet Meghan and Ash's detour does not go unnoticed. They have caught the attention of an ancient, powerful hunter--a foe that even Ash may not be able to defeat...

An eBook exclusive story from Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series.


I was not happy with this short story. It seemed kind of pointless to me, for a matter of fact. This review is going to be short, since this really was only a short story. You have been warned.

I don’t know for sure how important this short story is to the Iron Fey series, as I have only read The Iron King, and impatiently waiting to get my hands on The Iron Daughter.

Of course I liked Julie’s writing style, since it is just as beautiful as always. I don’t know… short story just wasn’t for me. I also have never been a fan of reading short stories.

At least it was nice to come back to the world of Nevernever, but it was just me, myself, and I that didn’t like it.

Plot 7/10
Like able Characters 8/10
Problem Development 3/10
Solution Effectiveness 2/10
Writing Style 10/10
Character Development 4/10
Cover 10/10
Setting 10/10
Ending 5/10
Beginning 6/10
=
65%


Love,
Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment