Saturday, January 8, 2011

Review: Summer of Skinny Dipping by Amanda Howells

Released: June 1st, 2010
Published by: Sourcebooks Fire
Series: Summer, First Book
Overall Rating: 5 out of 5
Source: Amazon Kindle Store
Page Amount: 324
Age Group Recommend: 12 and up


Sometimes I still wake up shivering in the early hours of the morning, drowning in dreams of being out there in the ocean that summer, of looking up at the moon and feeling as invisible and free as a fish. But I'm jumping ahead, and to tell the story right I have to go back to the very beginning. To a place called Indigo Beach. To a boy with pale skin that glowed against the dark waves. To the start of something neither of us could have predicted, and which would mark us forever, making everything that came after and before seem like it belonged to another life.

My name is Mia Gordon: I was sixteen years old, and I remember everything.

This is one of my favourite books, if not is. When I went into this book, I was expecting a fluffy, girly summer-y read. This was not the case of this novel, but I am definitely not disappointed. Not one bit. I am also so excited for the sequel, Summer of Sneaking Out.

If any of you guys follow me around Twitter or even on the blog, you guys will know I am a big romantic. This book is filled with the kind of romance I want to have someday. Minus the big dramatic ending.

I loved Mia and Simon to death. They are two of the most likable characters I have probably ever read. Corienne was some what likable, same with Beth, and I thought Eva was the cutest little thing in the world.

I loved how the problem didn’t come to the very end of the book. In most novels, I hate this, but in this novel it suited it most.

This novel is not a light fluffy read, just to be warned. I cried at the end of this book, to be honest.

I loved Amanda’s writing style in this novel. It is her first YA original novel, and this is not the worst I have read. I LOVED this book. (: Can I say this enough?

By the end of this novel, Mia was a totally different person. I think she turned for the better, in my opinion.

The cover is gorgous, it simple, elegant, and it suites this novel perfectly. I love the colours, and they all go together so well.

I love books that are set at the beach, since I love the beach so much, and they is no beach close to me. I have fallen in love with beaches on my vacations.

I loved this novel, and I definitely recommend EVERYONE to read this book.

Plot 10/10
Like able Characters 10/10
Problem Development 10/10
Solution Effectiveness 10/10
Writing Style 10/10
Character Development 10/10
Cover 10/10
Setting 10/10
Ending 10/10
Beginning 10/10
=
100%

Love,
Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment