Friday, September 3, 2010

Endless Summer by Jennifer Echols

*To avoid any spoilers, please do not continue reading this review until you have read: The Boys Next Door by Jennifer Echols.*

Two irresistible boys. One unforgettable summer.

Lori can't wait for her summer at the lake. She loves wake boarding and hanging with her friends—including the two hotties next door. With the Vader brothers, she's always been just one of the guys. Now that she's turning sixteen, she wants to be seen as one of the girls, especially in the eyes of Sean, the older brother. But that's not going to happen—not if the younger brother, Adam, can help it.

Lori plans to make Sean jealous by spending time with Adam. Adam has plans of his own for Lori. As the air heats up, so does this love triangle. Will Lori's romantic summer melt into one hot mess?

Released: May 25th 2010
Published by: Simon Pulse
Series: Endless Summer, 2
Overall Rating: 5 out of 5
Page Amount: 270

Plot 10/10
Likable Characters 9/10
Problem Development 10/10
Solution Effectiveness 10/10
Writing Style 9/10
Character Development 10/10
Cover 10/10
Setting 10/10
Ending 10/10
Beginning 10/10
=
98%

I didn’t like ENDLESS SUMMER and much as I liked THE BOYS NEXT DOOR. I still loved ENDLESS SUMMER, but I guess that I didn’t like it as much was because Adam wasn’t in it as much as I would have liked him to be.

Like for the plot of THE BOYS NEXT DOOR, I loved the plot for ENDLESS SUMMER. I love the whole idea of being on the lake all summer, and I have been growing up going to my trailer on the lake and living there all summer long, so I really connected with the plot of it thoroughly.

Again, a point for likable characters were knocked off because of really disliked characters. Like the first book, Lori was very annoying at times, but, in this book that wasn’t like the first book was that I really disliked Lori’s father. We was being overly protective of Lori and it got very annoying after a little bit of childish behaviour.

In this novel, the problem development didn’t go too fast or too slow. I liked how it wasn’t like: here comes the problem (an hour later) oh! Our happily ever after! We figured it out! I really enjoyed that, and because of that, it kept me turning the pages to find out what was going to happen next.

Because I liked how the problem developed, I loved the solution. I don’t think that Echols could have ended the novel in any other way for it to be that amazing.

Like the first novel, Jennifer’s writing style didn’t let me down at all. The only reason that the point was knocked off was because, in this novel, Echols switched between Lori and Adam’s point of view, which I actually like in novels, but what made me knock off the point was that she didn’t say which point of view it was. Like, it would say CHAPTER TEN, but then it would just go into who ever was going to tell this part of the story, I would have liked it to specify who was talking, like, for example, it to say under the chapter ADAM or LORI.

I think Lori grew up a lot during this novel, so the character development was spectacular for me. At the beginning of this novel, considering it took place right after the first one ended, she went back to the childish kid that just whined around and moped all the time. But by the end, she grew all up again and was like a full grown adult.

Again, I am judging by the bind-up version because that is the version I have. I guess I have to say the same thing that I did about the first book, because it is the same cover. Beautiful, just beautiful.

Again, like I said in the plot, I connected with the setting very well. Since I grew up going to my cottage and having the lake by my side I guess that’s one of the main reason that I loved these novels so much.

If you are team Adam, you will not be disappointed in the ending. Enough said.

I liked the that this novel picked right up were the last one ended, so there was no massive detail about what happened in between the two books that wasn’t necessarily specified. I really enjoyed that.

Overall, bravo, Jennifer! You have crafted a beautiful novel that I thoroughly enjoyed. Beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL! I will be checking out your other novels, because I loved this one so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment