Thursday, August 5, 2010

Lets Pretent This Never Happened by Jim Benton



Read the hilarious, candid (& sometimes mean) diaries of Jamie Kelly, who promises that everything in her diary is true...or at least as true as it needs to be. In this book, Jamie contends with Angeline, the school's prettiest, most popular girl (who Jamie thinks is a goon!) and the impending visit of her troll-like little cousin. Will Jamie survive? Will she go mad? Will she send her mom's nasty casserole to starving children in Wheretheheckistan? You'll just have to read the first instalment of Dear Dumb Diary to find out!
Released: May 1st, 2007
Published by: Scholastic
Series: Dear Dumb Diary, Book 1
Page Amount: 103

Plot 3/10
Likable Characters 7/10
Problem Development 1/10
Solution Effectiveness 1/10
Writing Style 10/10
Character Development 2/10
Cover 2/10
Setting 1/10
Ending 7/10
Beginning 9/10
=
43%

This book was defiantly a middle grade fiction book. It was young, a book that I would defiantly recommend for people in the grades 1-3, but defiantly not YA fiction readers.


The plot for this book is defiantly over used. Dear Dumb Diary, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, shall I go on? The book that is written in diary form, and meant to be funny, like, seriously? This plot is a plot that I have read before many times.


Jamie is a iffy character to judge for likable characters. Jamie I found, most of the time anyways, just rude and cold blooded. I don’t know why Jim Benton would make Jamie so, just, mean I guess.


Well, what can I say about problem development? Well, lets say this: THERE WAS NO PROBLEM.


Again, what can I say about the solution effectiveness. Well, because there was no problem, THERE WAS NO SOLUTION.


I have to say, Jim Benton’s writing style was funny and really enjoyable. I mean, REALLY enjoyable.

Well, character development… Jamie didn’t develop at all! I mean, she was the same person the whole way through the book. I didn’t find that very enjoyable.


The cover, I am going to say plain and simple, is childish, and horrible.


The setting was NEVER described through this book. That really irritated me, I mean REALLY irritated me.

The ending was boring, but it was a aspect of the book that was more enjoyable than most of the aspects in the other parts of this book.


The beginning of this book was definatly better than the majority of this book. I like how it was displayed, but it gave me high hopes that were not kept through the book.


I would say do not read this book. By the way, I am not trying to be mean to this author or anything, it is just that I really didn’t like this book, plain and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment